Who the hell are you?
I’m Emilia. At least, that’s all you need to know to start reading this. I’m a college freshman aiming to study computer science, for those sweet tech bucks. I’m also a trans girl, and very gay.
So what do you write about?
Nothing in particular right now. I started this site to be my little corner of the internet. So It’ll mostly be me experimenting with writing and sharing other stuff that inspires me. No pressure to stick around, but if you really want to read the musings of one mildly autistic transbian programmer from the PNW, then this is your place.
What are you into?
Like I said, I don’t have a specific “theme” other than a personal blog. But here’s some things I might find myself writing about.
- Video games. Primarily Switch and Mac, because those are the only platforms I’ve got up here. Other than Nintendo, I mostly stick to indies.
- Programming and tech stuff. Since this is my livelihood, I have some strong words about it.
- Anime, cartoons and YouTube. I haven’t watched a whole lot of stuff since I got to college, so we’ll see about this.
- Sci-fi and fantasy literature. These are the only types of stories that seem to resonate with me, because stuff that’s more grounded in “reality” makes more assumptions about the reader.
- Trans and queer issues, because that shit affects me. I’m lucky to go to a really inclusive school, and that my family is supportive, but so many people in the world will just hate me for what I am, and it sucks.
How often will you post?
I’ll try to get something up at least once a week. That might not happen. It probably won’t, because I’ve got school work to do. But you can follow my Twitter for more frequent updates.
What’s on the horizon?
I’ve got a few ideas, but don’t count on them. Most of my posts aren’t very long (~400 words), but that will vary.
- Some postings of some brief opinion articles I wrote (I think) late last year.
- The unedited version of my first college paper I wrote a few weeks ago. It’s about the story of me writing the letter that I used to come out to my parents. Related: the (redacted for privacy) letter itself.
- Reviews/impressions of stuff. I’m getting an iPhone XS for the holidays, so I thought I might write up a little about my time with it.
- General life/transition update posts. This is the craziest time in my life so far, between living on my own and figuring out what kind of girl I wanna be, so you’re coming along for the ride, whether you like it or not (JK, really there’s no pressure).
- Creative writing. This one is a big question mark. I have a lot of ideas sometimes, but when I scribble them out I realize it’s hot garbage and/or somebody else has done it already. So we’ll see.
Backup and surprise articles
All posts go up at 8 AM PT unless specified. This is subject to change. I may take a week off at any time, but I’ll let you know here or on Twitter.
See you next week!